Sunday, January 3, 2016

Earl's Surgery- A checklist

So with Earl's back surgery tomorrow (we have to be there at 0530), there are things that need to be done.  Not for him, but for me. Because I am going to need all kinds of things to keep me busy. I know I am going to flit from one to another while I worry about everything going on in the OR. From what I understand, Dr. Nally is going to go in and clean out the 30-year-old fusion to free up nerves that are being compressed by degenerating discs and there is the possibility of replacing those discs and maybe a new fusion. Scary stuff in my mind. So I will be there by myself,  nervous and jumpy and freaking out until they are done and tell us he can come home.

On to my checklist.
1. PU library books
2. Movies on iPad- done
3. Easy crochet project or three
4. Pack some snacks and bottled water
5. Pray- of course, this goes without saying and should be number 1.

If you are reading this, then I decided to share this blog.  I am asking you for prayers.  Prayers for healing (Earl), for anxiety (mine), for the surgeons and nurses and all the medical staff. For the kids and their worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment